Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Look at me! Look at me!

"Look at me!
Look at me!
Look at me now!...
...I can hold up the cup
And the milk and the cake!
I can hold up these books!
And the fish on a rake!
I can hold the toy ship
And a little toy man!
And look! With my tail
I can hold a red fan!
I can fan with the fan
As I hop on the ball!
But that is not all.
Oh, no.
That is not all..."

(The Cat in The Hat By Dr. Seuss)

I have no idea why it has taken me so long to post something new. I guess a long bout of insomnia along with everything else in life that needed to be balanced and checked have prevented me from doing something of my own.
Last night I made an early new year resolution - I have to start writing again. There was a reason I had to open a blog, there must be. Otherwise why bother.
So I'm giving this a real go for myself. I welcome you to join me reembark on this journey. Or it might be just one I'll be taking on my own, with the risk of other people reading along...
The past few weeks have been draining in many ways and I'm still sorting my way around. Feeling like the crazy Cat in the Hat - no words spoke more to me lately than these. The fundamentally wrong life race of running to stand still. I can't remember the last time I did - stand still that is... Even my sleeping patterns have been eradicated to a point I really can not remember a full nights' sleep...
In the late night frustration of the fleeting night sleep I looked into what I really wanted to add to my quality of life. My family and close friends far away a lonely path had emerged. The physical distance crystallizing the ultimate truth, we all walk lonely walks. We choose individual careers most of them involving long hours in front of computers, on the phone, reading information - basically alone.
I'm trying to establish a new kind of path for myself, one that I will enjoy the meaning of, one which can be shared.

1 comment:

Henriette Ivanans said...

There is not much more important in our lives than our relationships...H xo xo xo